Monday, March 21, 2005

Remarkable films...

Today I continued my quest of watching Sundance Film Fest winning films, and in the process experienced one of the most effective love stories I have ever seen. "All The Reel Girls" from 2003. Having written scripts and shot films, I know how tough it is to really capture the true feeling of young love. This film captured every bit of awkwardness, passion, and heartbreak that comes along with young love and finding yourself. This is a film I am going to watch over and over again because it really had an effect on me.



I can't say enough good things about this film.

Earlier this evening I also saw another Sundance winner... "Angela" which was the directoral debut by Rebecca Miller who later won awards for the film Personal Velocity. The cinematography was breaktaking and the performances by the 2 young girls (not sure of their actual age, but their characters were 10 and 6 years old) in the lead were very impressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home