Saturday, March 05, 2005

Mini-thesis...

It looks like I am going with the mythology idea for my mini-thesis, and yesterday I started experiment with prototypes of the animation part of the project. It will be cut outs of very thin birch plywood, for the animated characters and the background. Yesterday I made the head of one character (possibly a fisherman near Kualoa Ranch or something):





Someone apparently stole my saw, so I couldnt use the big sheet of wood I had bought (which is great cause it really has a lot of wood grain to it). That is why the piece of wood this is on is not very textured. But imagine it being very very wooden looking. This particular one I painted with acrylics, though in a few days I am going to experiment with wood burning to see if that gives it a more ancient natural look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home