Tuesday, March 01, 2005

mini-thesis ideas...

I've been looking into a few of my ideas for the mini-thesis and wanted to pass them by you all. They are from completely different ends of the spectrum, but I find them quite interesting.

1. The first is to take a look at Hawaiian mythology and its affect on people living within the Hawaiian islands (there are many gods, goddesses, and ancients myths that haunt daily life in Hawaii). Growing up in Hawaii its something I always believed in and often it affected my choices (even as an adult it still does).

2. Another Hawaii based idea, would tackle the huge crystal meth problem in Hawaii (and could culminate into something like an animated PSA).

3. And in a completely different direction, recently I had been looking into the neurological/sleeping disorder narcolepsy and its affect on the individual diagnosed with it, as well as the environment that individual is in (since often it can be triggered by simple emotional responses).

4. I'm also very interested in environmental issues dealing with the ocean and our beaches. Also trying to think of something that I could do with that. There are many ways this could go. For instance, one thing that I have been looking into recently is this system that will be tested in Brazil soon. They are going to be harnessing the power of the ocean waves to create energy. This is one means for creating energy without polluting the oceans further.

I know I really need to think more about the question I am trying to answer...but wanted to get some thoughts your way to get feedback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home