Tuesday, February 22, 2005

...Not a love song

Here's todays entry for tv and film viewing...

The day started off with a few minutes of trash tv when I watched some Jerry Springer for old times sake. I hadn't watched it in a long time, so it was funny how the show now starts off with the proud statement that they have won no awards, and do the show because they have lots of money. Could it get any sleazier? But I can't stop watching! Something about how in a few minutes I know that 2 transvestites will be fighting, tearing at each others throats...ripping off their wigs. Sure enough it happened. As if scripted. Perhaps the show is so ridiculous these days because it is scripted? Anyways, luckily I had more important things to do (go to school) so I turned it off after a little bit.

This evening I watched BBC World News and a couple tabloid shows (Access Hollywood and I forget the other one). On Access Hollywood the host was talking about how happy he was that he was listed in Paris Hilton's address book, even if in the past couple days he had received thousands of messages thanks to someone hacking into TMobile and getting Paris' contact info. Most celebs on the list had changed their numbers, but he was enjoying the attention apparently...and actually looking at the messages people sent.

Then I caught some American Idol, but forgot to vote for the best contestant since I was wrapped up in my homework. After American Idol I put in a DVD of a great horror/thriller film from the UK (Scottish I think) called "This Is Not A Love Song" by Bille Eltringham. It was a dark look at a friendship between two old friends (after one just gets out of prison). On their way to starting a new life something goes horribly wrong and one of the men accidently shoots a girl. So for most of the film we are following these two men as they run through Yorkshire's vast country landscape as an angry mob is searching for them (with the intent to kill). It's a story of friendship, betrayal, and ultimately revenge. It actually was a Grand Jury Prize nominee for the AFI Fest a couple years ago, which is no surprise since it is cinematography is brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home