Tuesday, January 25, 2005

It Happened On The Way To The L.

I had to write about what happened to me on the way home from major studio today. You always hear about people getting pushed in front of subway cars on the news, but its rare to see it happen yourself. In the six years I've lived in New York I have arrived at the station a few minutes after people have been run over by trains, so yeah I have seen that carnage. But on my way home from school today I ran a few errands so I was boarding the L train at 1st Avenue. I walked to the front of the platform as I always do, and then look down the platform and see that the train is about to enter the station. Seconds later I hear a rawkus behind me as a woman is screaming so I turn back in the direction that the train is coming from and on the edge of the platform I see someone shoved onto the train track. About a second later, someone else either jumps onto the track after that person or is also shoved. All the while another woman on the platform is screaming for help since a train is approaching, but slowing down since it sees what is happening. The person who had entered the tracks second then rushes to the other side of the tracks and I don't see them again...the first person who was shoved is pulled up by several people standing on the platform. The train then proceeded in the station where we had to sit for a while since I assume they were investigating or something.

It was quite frightening watching what could have turned to death within a matter of moments, but luckily due to quick reaction by those around it was prevented. I hope everyone is ok and not too shaken up, and they nabbed whoever did the pushing. Definitely got the adrenalin going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home